is an exciting country full of spirit, colour and contrast.
A vast land of haunting beauty, natural wonders and unique wildlife. Australia is tailor-made for adventure travel. Dozens of national parks offer bushwalking, rock climbing, and abseiling to satisfy even the most energetic outdoors junkie.
The tropical north is abundant with bird and wildlife in rainforest havens, the unique Kakadu National Park, our very own Great Barrier Reef, and our 'red' centre - steeped in history of the Aboriginal dreamtime with legends that tell stories of a long time past - where Ayers Rock will haunt and mystify you as you watch the spectrum of colours unfold before your eyes at daybreak.
It's all here! Australia offers the best of all seasons and being 'downunder' our seasons are reversed to those in the Northern Hemisphere. Depending on the time of year and the location, temperatures can vary greatly.
November through to March is warm to hot everywhere - humid with tropical rain in the north and mild nights in the south.
April through to September is beautiful in the northern and central areas - clear warm days, cool and refreshing nights.
At the same time in the south, snow falls in the highlands. It's cooler but there's still plenty of our famous sun to be found in all areas. Top ten things to do in Australia
A Few Facts
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge for breathtaking views of Sydney and beyond.
- Dive or snorkel on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef.
- Be a guest at a private winery tour and tasting in Australia's premium wine regions of Margaret River and the Hunter and Barossa Valleys.
- Dine under the stars at Ayers Rock.
- Spot saltwater crocodiles on a cruise in the Kakadu wetlands.
- Take in a performance at the stunning Sydney Opera House.
- See Kangaroo's, koalas and other unique wildlife in their natural habitats on Kangaroo Island.
- Take a rental car and visit quaint and enchanting villages on the beautiful isle of Tasmania.
- Be humbled by prolific and ancient Aboriginal rock art sites in Arnhemland.
- Explore the majestic beehive domes of the Bungle Bungle by 4WD.
- Population: Approximately 18 million people live on this island continent, which is almost the same size as mainland USA.
- Time Zone: Australia is 10 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.
- Electricity: 240 volts AC is the standard. Outlets for 110 volts for electric razors are usually supplied in hotels.
- Tipping: Australians do not depend on tips or gratuities for their income, and tips are not expected for normal service. However, tipping in appreciation of extra-special service is at the discretion of the visitor.